Version 13.04, 17 October 2022
- Some language strings were missing in version 13.03.
Version 13.03, 12 October 2022
- The Message Log now shows the full merged email texts actually sent out.
- The front end CSS file is no longer overwritten on a reinstall or upgrade of the component. Please see the user guide for details.
- There is now a "Send Test Mail" button on the main configuration page. Please see the user guide for details.
Version 13.02, 2 May 2022
- Removed the URL view parameter in Joomla 4.
- All default text configurations now have Joomla translation strings.
Version 13.01, 10 February 2022
- Norwegian translations updated.
Version 13.00, 3 December 2021
- There is a new option to show the agreement required link in three different ways, a popup window, a new tab, or an iframe below the form.
- Fixed a bug that caused a fatal error in PHP 8 if image capture was configured but no images were present.
- The language strings for the original very old 20 GIF captcha images have been removed in this release and the images are deleted by the installer. If you were still using these you need to install one of our free image packs to continue using the image captcha system.
Version 12.15, 11 November 2021
- There's a new option to show an asterisk on the labels of mandatory fields (always, never, or on error).
- Prevent "Data too long" errors in Joomla 4 due to it running in Strict Sql Mode.
Version 12.14, 6 July 2021
- The checkbox label text ("Send me a copy of this email") is now a configuration option.
- There are now four colour choices for the send button.
- There are now four colour choices for the validation error messages.
- Please see the updated user guide for more information about the new features.
Version 12.13, 27 February 2021
- Name fields now allow left and right single quotes, in addition to a normal apostrophe.
- The variables tab of the configuration pages now shows the status and labels of the user defined fields.
- The data length of the optional fields in the log table has been increased from 100 to 255 characters, and new columns have been added for the actual admin and user email subjects.
- Improvements to the layout of the log list and log detail page, which now shows the actual admin and user email subjects used.
- Fixes for Joomla 4 Beta 7.
Version 12.12, 27 January 2021
- The default user email subject no longer includes the subject field from the form.
- Fix for image captcha that could cause unexpected language switches on some multi-language sites.
- Cosmetic fix for Joomla 4 Beta 6.
- One fix for PHP 8. FlexiContact can now be used with PHP 8.
Version 12.11, 31 October 2020
- Fix for correct detection of latest Edge browsers.
- Minor fixes for Joomla 4 Beta 5
Version 12.10, 22 July 2020
- Fix for an error introduced in version 12.09. The error only occurred if the "Send HTML" option was set to "No".
Version 12.09, 27 June 2020
- Fixes for Joomla 4 Beta 1.
Version 12.08, 9 April 2020
- The Agreement Required link text can now be positioned anywhere in the checkbox label, enabling more correct grammar in some languages.
- Some changes to field error styling.
Version 12.07, 14 January 2020
- Minor CSS improvements.
- German translation updated.
- Tested in Joomla 4 Alpha 12
Version 12.06, 7 October 2019
- Invalid fields and labels now have error styling.
- Russian translation updated.
Version 12.05, 8 May 2019
- Email addresses without a top level domain name (e.g. "fred@gmail"), although theoretically valid and accepted by Joomla, are no longer accepted by the contact form.
- There is now a more specific error message when the select list is mandatory but nothing is selected. This had been a source of confusion for some users
- In the back end, field "prompts" are now referred to as "labels", since this seems to have become the more popular term.
Version 12.04, 2 January 2019
- RSFirewall was showing Flexicontact as a potential threat. Nothing to worry about, but this version removes the line of code that RSFirewall objected to.
Version 12.03, 14 December 2018
- Supports the Joomla Invisible Captcha Plugin introduced in Joomla 3.9.
- Improved handling of various captcha configuration errors.
- The message field width parameter has been removed because specifying a width was non-responsive. The width is now always controlled by the CSS.
- Several fixes for Joomla 4 Alpha 5.
Version 12.02, 15 August 2018
- Fixed a bug that in certain circumstances could enable forms to be submitted without selecting a captcha image.
- There's now a specific error message for the name field.
- There's a small CSS fix for some templates.
Version 12.01, 17 July 2018
- You can now configure a log data retention period in days.
- The agreement required check value is now logged with the log data.
Version 12.00, 7 April 2018
- You can now configure the subject lines of the admin and user emails separately, and independantly of the subject line entered by the user, including variables.
- There's one new email variable, %V_SITE_NAME%.
- Css and captcha images are now loaded from /media instead of the component assets directory.
- The original 20 default image captcha images are no longer included - just download the image pack of your choice.
- If you use the image captcha system please check that your captcha images work as expected. You might need to reinstall your image pack.
- Captcha images now have non-blank alt text to improve SEO ranking.
- If you use the Joomla ReCaptcha plugin, it is now centered on the form.
- The name field on the form is now validated more strictly, and restricted to 60 characters.
- In the back end, several configuration pages have been reorganised. The variables list is now on a separate tab and has been reorganised to make it easier to use.
- The Bosnian (bs-BA) and Croatian (hr-HR) language files have been updated.
- The minimum Joomla version is now 3.7.0
Version 11.03, 19 December 2017
- Fixed: Version 11.02 produced a PHP notice error on some servers.
Version 11.02, 15 December 2017
- Now works with Joomla 4.00 alpha (Joomla 4 is not scheduled for release until mid-2018).
- Danish language files updated.
- Themes now load the en-GB theme language if the theme does not have the current site language.
Version 11.01, 3 August 2017
- Fixed: Version 11.00 did not show the default subject on the form.
Version 11.00, 25 July 2017
- The Send button is disabled after the form is submitted to protect against double sending.
- New config option to add the autofocus attribute to the first field.
- New config option to show an extra message at the top of the form if any fields are in error.
- Changes to the front-end CSS for better consistency in various templates.
- The width parameter on the menu item now applies only on large screens. On small screens the width reverts to 100%.
- Improved handling of Joomla session errors, for example when browser cookies are blocked or disabled.
- There is now a built-in trace function to help resolve complex problems.
Version 10.06, 2 June 2017
- Some minor cosmetic improvements and fixes.
- Re-coding of deprecated Joomla functions, in preparation for future Joomla versions.
- The minimum Joomla version required is now 3.4.8.
Version 10.05, 2 February 2017
- There was an error in the configuration validation logic in 10.04.
Version 10.04, 30 January 2017
- The confirmation page can now include variables from the form.
- The first form field now has the html5 "autofocus" attribute.
- Mandatory fields now have the html5 "required" attribute.
- The appearance of the form is now better than ever, with or without bootstrap.css loaded.
Version 10.03, 9 December 2016
- Fix for a PHP Notice error that could occur on some systems with version 10.02.
Version 10.02, 29 November 2016
- The email field on the form is now an html5 email field, which provides a usability improvement on mobile devices.
- When editing an email template, you can now click on a variable name to add it to the template.
- Small change to the handling of update checking.
Version 10.01, 31 October 2016
- Supports the Joomla Update System. Joomla will notify you of new releases, and you can install them with a single click in the Extensions Update Manager.
Version 10.00, 12 October 2016
- Now supports the Joomla ReCaptcha plugin, and compatible third party captcha plugins.
- The captcha configuration has been moved from the menu item to the component back end.
- You can now specify the magic word prompt.
- Installing when you have a captcha image pack installed now does not install the default captcha images.
- Improved form field styles. Some translation updates.
Version 9.02, 21 May 2016
- There is a new menu item option to control the width of the contact form.
- A minor bug fix to load the correct language file for the error message when the admin email address is missing or invalid.
Version 9.01, 7 April 2016
- Fix for Joomla 3.5.1 - more information here.
Version 9.00, 2 April 2016
- Joomla 2.5 is no longer supported.
- The old table-based form has been removed, leaving only the responsive form.
- Greatly improved front-end CSS.
- Admin page layouts updated.
- Updated German translation, and other minor improvements.
Version 8.08, 31 December 2015
- Added a configuration parameter for the Send button class.
- Logging has been upgraded to log more details, especially of the actual email addresses used, which should help with problem resolution.
Version 8.07, 8 October 2015
- Supports administrative access control
- Supports the Joomla Global option to add the site name to the page title.
Version 8.06, 23 March 2015
- Supports the collapsible sidebar in Joomla 3.4
Version 8.05, 10 February 2015
- There is now a "Raw Image Mode" option to solve problems with displaying the captcha images on a few servers
Version 8.04, 19 December 2014
- Label elements on the contact form now have "for" attributes.
- Fixed a bug with the theme selector in the back end image maintenance page.
Version 8.03, 8 September 2014
- Fixed browser detection for IE11.
- Set meta data if specified in the menu item.
- Minor improvements to front end CSS.
Version 8.02, 14 April 2014
- Fixed a bug that showed the wrong error message for the email address field in the responsive view.
Version 8.01, 21 February 2014
- Fix for a warning on Godaddy servers that the contact page was vulnerable to cross site scripting. There was no danger of a successful attack, but this version removes the warning.
Version 8.00, 4 January 2014
- Joomla 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 are no longer supported.
- The list input field has been reinstated.
Older history has been removed.