Version 6.10, 27 February 2023
- New "Case Sensitive" option to distinguish between lower case and upper case characters in file names.
- Support for file paths greater than 255 characters.
- Fixes for warnings in PHP 8.2.
Version 6.09, 6 October 2022
- Fixes for warnings in PHP 8.1.
Version 6.08, 3 June 2022
- Emails are now logged separately in the Eyesite History, with more information about their success or failure.
Version 6.07, 26 January 2022
- Fix for "Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes" on some servers.
Version 6.06, 19 November 2021
- You can now use %SITE_ROOT% in configuration paths to represent the current site path, making configurations more portable.
- Protect against "Data too long" errors in Joomla 4 due to it running in Strict Sql Mode.
- Italian translation updated.
Version 6.05, 2 March 2021
- Fixes for PHP 8.
- Fixes for Joomla 4 Beta 7.
- Various cosmetic improvements.
Version 6.04, 22 October 2020
- Fixes for Joomla 4 Beta 4.
- Italian translation updated.
Version 6.03, 11 June 2020
- Unfortunately there was a bug in version 6.02.
Version 6.02, 11 June 2020
- A minor HTML bug prevented use of the search field on the history page.
- Updated Dutch translation.
Version 6.01, 25 May 2020
- Fixed some notice errors shown in PHP 7.4.
- The status page now shows file details without having to hover over an icon.
Version 6.00, 14 March 2020
- Eyesite is now fully automatic. The "accept" and "reject" buttons have gone. It's now much simpler and more intuitive to use.
- The change notification email now includes the Joomla version, if it has changed.
- A minor fix for Joomla 4 Alpha 12
Version 5.08, 11 January 2020
- Tracing changes that enable us to resolve problems more quickly.
Version 5.07, 7 October 2019
- The history list has a new filter to help you find specific types of entries.
- The history list can now be searched by year, as well as the previously available options.
- Tested in Joomla 4 Alpha 11.
Version 5.06, 7 January 2019
- Minor improvements to the admin interface.
- Fixes for Joomla 4 Alpha 6.
Version 5.05, 20 April 2018
- Fix for web servers that have disabled the PHP function set_time_limit()
Version 5.04, 11 March 2018
- Improved error handling in the scanner. It now catches any PHP errors or exceptions and reports them in the Eyesite History. Also fixed some PHP errors that were reported on some servers.
- Russian language file updated.
Version 5.03, 10 January 2018
- Now works with Joomla 4.00 alpha.
- Italian language file updated.
Version 5.02, 10 June 2017
- Re-coding of deprecated Joomla functions in preparation for future Joomla versions.
- The minimum Joomla version required is now 3.4.8.
Version 5.01, 10 April 2017
- Fixed a bug that caused an error when deleting history records on some servers.
Version 5.00, 3 March 2017
- The way that the directory scan is started as a background task has changed. The user guide has more details. Previous versions worked well on most servers, but not on all servers, and we were never able to resolve the problem. The new method should work on all servers. Unfortunately this change of direction required matched changes to the component and the plugin. If you use the optional Eyesite Plugin, you must upgrade (or uninstall) the plugin in order to upgrade to this version of the component.
- The auto-accept option now only applies to scans initiated by the plugin, not to scans initiated manually in the admin interface (which seems more logical).
- If you have the Eyesite Plugin installed and have entered your purchase ID on the About page, the About page now shows your subscription status.
- The status page updates more quickly during a scan, and shows a progress bar.
Version 4.01, 15 November 2016
- Moved the Plugin Purchase ID to the About page for consistency with our other extensions.
- Clear the system cache after saving the configuration.
- Test email subject now includes the site name.
Version 4.00, 4 November 2016
- Joomla 2.5 is no longer supported.
- Support for the Joomla Update Notification System.
- Version 4.00 of the Plugin also supports the Joomla Update System.
- You do not have to upgrade the plugin. The version 3 plugin still works with version 4 of the Eyesite component, but version 3 does not support the Joomla Update System.
Version 3.10, 15 October 2016
- A new search function on the history list allows you to search by date or for a specific filename.
- Previously, the Eyesite configuration parameters were lost when changing the component's ACL permissions. This has been fixed.
- This change also fixes the "Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error" that occurs with earlier versions of Eyesite in Joomla 3.6.3.
- New French translation.
Version 3.09, 12 February 2016
- Switched to using cURL to start the scannng process, which should work on more servers.
- Now logs an error to the history log if email sending fails after a scan.
Version 3.08, 17 January 2016
- Add a user agent string to the request that starts the scanner, since a few servers do not accept requests without this.
Version 3.07, 9 October 2015
- A fix to enable Eyesite to work on single language sites where a SEF extension does not allow the language prefix in the URL.
Version 3.06, 15 March 2015
- Eyesite now works on https sites
- Access to the admin interface can now be restricted using Joomla access control
- The admin interface now supports the collapsable sidebar in Joomla 3.4
Version 3.05, 26 February 2015
- New "Auto-Accept" mode. In Auto-Accept mode, you don't have to accept or reject changes. The changes are simply emailed to you and logged in the Eyesite History. In this mode you can maintain a full and detailed history of all changes to files on your website with no manual intervention required.
Version 3.04, 20 April 2014
- Improved error handling and reporting when starting the scanner.
Version 3.03, 4 April 2014
- Fixed a bug that prevented Reject List from working.
Version 3.02, 29 March 2014
- You can now edit the title of history items (e.g. "Updated Joomla to latest version").
- Updated the Dutch and Italian translations.
- Added a link (on the Help and Support page) to Eyesite on the JED to make it easier for you to post a review!
Version 3.01, 12 February 2014
- The installer now checks several server requirements and stops the install if Eyesite cannot run on the server.
Version 3.00, 1 February 2014
- This is a major re-work with many new features, while preserving the same algorithms that have always worked so well. Launching the scanner using Cron is no longer supported - a new system plugin makes the job of running regular scans much easier than before. Please see the user guide for full details.
Older history has been removed.